Designed for Larger-Scale Deployments or IO-Intensive Workloads
Designed to meet the business needs of large organizations, the Nimble Storage CS400 series takes the performance offered by the Nimble CS200 series and turns it up a notch. As a result, the Nimble CS400 series is ideal for IO-intensive workloads including transaction processing and large scale virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments. Built on Nimble Storage’s unique Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout (CASL) architecture, the Nimble CS400 series takes advantage of flash performance and SSD storage capacity, as well as technologies such as thin provisioning, instant snapshots, dynamic caching and non-disruptive scaling.
|Nimble CS-Series Array||CS420||CS440||CS460|
|Raw Disk Capacity, Base (TB)¹||12||24||36|
|Min. Usable Capacity (TB)³||8||16||25|
|Effective Capacity, Base (TB)¹||8-20||16-40||25-62.5|
|Effective Capacity, Maximum (TB)¹·²||109-272.5||117-292.5||125-312.5|
|Max. Number of Disk Expansion Shelves||Up to 3|
|Max. Flash Capacity in Head Unit (GB)||2,400|
|Max. Flash Capacity with All-Flash Shelf (GB)||15,200|
|Network Connections Per Controller||6x1GbE / 2x10GbE+2x1GbE (G-model)|
|External SAS Connectivity Per Controller||1x 6Gb SAS|
- Raw and effective capacities are calculated using Base 10 (i.e., 1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes) after excluding space for parity, spares, and system overhead; the range represents 0 to 2x compression.
- Maximum capacity is the capacity of the base array and maximum number of expansion shelves.
- Minimum usable capacity denotes the base capacity available to users once parity, spares and system overhead are deducted from overall raw capacity. Compression dramatically increases overall effective capacity.
- The CS420 model is available in CS420-X2, CS420-X4, and CS420-X8 options only.
- Compression rates vary across applications. 2x compression factor reflected in upper range of effective capacity (based onactual compression rates seen by customers.)